March 6, 2019
National Quilting Day at Pioneer Farms
Saturday, March 16th, 1:00- 4:00 p.m.
Wessels Dance Hall
Free with General Admission
Historic quilts, show & tell, quilt experts, crafts and more!
Renowned quilting experts will be publicly evaluating some of Pioneer Farms’ historic quilt collection. Bring your family quilts for show & tell, meet other quilters, and learn about 19th century quilting. Bring the kiddos for hands-on activities.
Experts to include:
– Kate Adams, former Associate Director & Quilt Curator, Briscoe Center for American History
– Kathy Moore, Textile History Scholar
– Lynn Bell, former Associate Director for Material Culture, Briscoe Center for American History
– Suzanne Labry, Writer “Suzy’s Fancy” column for Quilts Incorporated
* Bring a historic quilt for show & tell and get reduced admission. *