May 17, 2021
Educator Workshop: The Story of Texas in the Classroom
Educators, join us for a FREE professional development session. Connect with us virtually to explore teaching tools to use with your students, both in the classroom and at the Museum.
Although summer has just begun, it’s never too early to start gathering resources and ideas for the upcoming school year. Join a Bullock Museum Educator to discover ways to bring Texas history to life for your students!
- Discover the special experiences students can engage in during a field trip to the Bullock Museum
- Explore the on-demand teaching tools and interactive experiences available at your fingertips on our website which bring primary sources and artifacts to the classroom
- “Visit” inside the museum to see what stories and artifacts have been recently updated in our Texas History Galleries
- Preview the upcoming special exhibitions that will be on display for the next school year
- Get an exclusive first-look at a new on-demand resource, the Texas History Top Ten, a curated list of the top 10 artifacts, stories, primary sources, and other resources for the different events and time periods of the Texas History curriculum
This Zoom session is free to attend, with advanced registration required. Participants will receive access to the event, resources related to the topic, and CPE certificates (SBEC approved). This session is open to classroom teachers, preservice teachers, higher education professionals, informal educators, and homeschool educators.