O. Henry Museum

The O. Henry Museum offers a look into the life of William Sidney Porter in the Austin years leading up to his controversial prison term, after which he assumed the pen name O. Henry and set about transforming himself into the famed short story writer who authored such universal classics as “Gifts of the Magi,” “The Ransom of Red Chief,” and “The Cop and the Anthem.”

location

409 East 5th Street (map)

hours

Wed. - Sun. Noon - 5 p.m.

phone

512-472-1903

website

www.austintexas.gov/department/o-henry-museum